American gymnastics | McClain Wins Senior Women’s All-Around Title at 2022 Winter Cup Presented by OZONE and TURN
© John Cheng
FRISCO, Texas, February 26, 2022 – Konnor McClain (Cross Lanes, W.Va./WOGA Gymnastics) won first place in the all-around in the senior women’s division at the 2022 Winter Cup presented by OZONE and TURN on Saturday afternoon at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. The only athlete to break the 54-point mark that day, McClain (54.300) edged fellow WOGA Gymnastics standout Skye Blakely (Frisco, Texas), who finished second with a 53.700, and his World Championships teammate 2021 eMjae Frazier (Erial, NJ/ Parkettes National Gymnastics Training Center), who finished third with a 53.150. Ashlee Sullivan (Richardson, TX/WOGA Gymnastics) finished fourth (52.850), while Katelyn Jong (Allen, TX/Metroplex Gymnastics) and Nola Matthews (Gilroy, CA/Airborne Gymnastics Training Center) tied for fifth. , each posting a 52.650.
McClain also led all scorers on beam finishing with a 14.600. Matthews won the uneven bars title with a 13.950, while Frazier took top honors on the floor exercise. Joscelyn Roberson’s score of 13.125 on vault earned her the apparatus title. Gymnasts must perform two vaults to qualify for the event.
Coverage of the Winter Cup continues tomorrow with the junior women’s competition and the men’s day two, which will determine the junior and senior champions by apparatus. The Sunday sessions will air live on FlipNow at 1 p.m. ET and 6:30 p.m. ET, respectively.
The top three scorers in the all-around are listed below, followed by the top three individual placings.
- Konnor McClain: all-around, 54,300; vault, 14,100; uneven bars, 12.450; balance beam, 14,600; floor exercise, 13.150
- Skye Blakely: all-around, 53,700; arch, 13,800; uneven bars, 13.150; balance beam, 13,500; floor exercise, 13.250
- eMjae Frazier: all-around, 53.150; vault, 13.750; uneven bars, 12.200; balance beam, 13,700; floor exercise, 13.500
- Jump: 1. Joscelyn Roberson, 13.125; 2. Paityn Walker (Hercules, CA/Head Over Heels), 12,800
- Uneven bars: 1. Nola Matthews, 13.950; 2. Paityn Walker, 13,550; 3(T). Elle Mueller (Ham Lake, MN/Twin City Twister), 13.450, Lauren Little (Moorseville, NC/Everest Gymnastics), 13.450
- Beam: 1. Konnor McClain, 14.600; 2. eMjae Frazier, 13,700; 3(T). Skye Blakely, 13,500, Ashlee Sullivan, 13,500
- Floor: 1. eMjae Frazier, 13,500; 2. Skye Blakely, 13.250; 3(T). Konnor McClain, 13.150, Karis German (Spring, Texas/World Champions Center), 13.150